Saturday 3 November 2012

Hello again glad to see you.....



Pinned Image



Vell hello dere, let me welcome you to my blog I'm so glad to see you, have seat get comfortable, would you like a drink?   Just had to use this pic it cracked me up made me think of a peppy la pew type character, I loved that skunk when I was a kid.  Any way on to the business of writing a blog.

It seems like a long time since I have spoken to you, this week has been nuts.  I have 5 parties booked in the next 10 days.  Well actually 4, had 1 last night, and I'm booking another from last night's party.  In case you are wondering what parties I'm talking about, as I have said before, I am an Epicure Selections Consultant.  I get paid to Party, I'm invited by a hostess to come to her home, speak to her friends about Epicure Selections, give them some food, and if they enjoy themselves they often buy our products.  It's a very enjoyable way to make money, meet new people, make new friends, and have some laughs.  It also has allowed me to work with a product I have loved for years, plus I have the very wonderful benefit of having wonderful tasting food which allows me to lose weight. 


Here's a recipe for Epicure Selections Jambalaya.


Epicure’s Jambalaya



Ingredients

1/2 lb (225 g) Andouille or Italian sausage, or cured ham, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Epicure's Sea Salt, to taste
Epicure's Pepper, to taste
1 1/3 cups (330 ml) rice
1 pkg Epicure's What’s for Dinner? Jambalaya Recipe Seasoning Mix
1 — 28 oz (796 ml) can diced tomatoes
2 cups (500 ml) water
1 lb (450 g) shrimp – optional
Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). 
2. Brown sausage in Epicure’s Everything Pan over medium-high heat. Remove to drain on paper towel. 
3. Season chicken with Sea Salt and Pepper and brown on both sides. Add rice, What’s for Dinner? Jambalaya Recipe Seasoning Mix, tomatoes, water and sausage. Stir, cover and bake for 35 minutes. 
4. Top with shrimp during last 5 minutes of cooking, if desired.

This recipe is much lower in sodium than restaurant versions, and easy to make at home.

Per Serving : Calories 270, Fat 11 g (Saturated 4 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 560 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g (Fiber 2 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 24 g.

Tips: Serving Suggestion: Serve with steamed veggies.

This is just one sample of the type of food, and recipes I have at my fingertips, it is also the reason I love being able to tell people about Epicure Selections. 

Well today is the big weigh-in day, and with all of the crazy days I've had baking, tasting, mixing, I'm really hesitant once again to do the weight thing, but I have made a commitment to keep going and to publish both the good and the bad so let's get it done. 



 Well not a momentous weight loss but a weight loss, just under a lb, point 8 of a lb to be exact, but I will take it.  I know I was eating or grazing more than I have, lots of tasting and checking to see if the veggie chips where crisp enough etc. that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  Toes will do the happy dance today, just not worthy of a whole body wiggle bum dance. I will have a better week this week though, I've got all the mixes etc. made and stored in the freezer, so now it will be nose to the grindstone and no excuses. 

So I'm off to get the menu set for the next week I'll have it posted this weekend and the recipes I used last week.  Have a great night and I'll talk to you soon.


Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment