Monday 1 October 2012

Starting my 5th week and feeling positive...



Garden is looking sad, but it is still very enjoyable.

Well we are still having great weather out here on the west coast, but probably not for much longer.  We have not had a dry spell like this for as long as I can remember, almost 2 months without a drop of rain or at least anything worth mentioning, and here it is October 1st!! I can however, feel fall in the air, the evenings are cooler and there is a heavy dew in the morning.  So you might notice that this weeks menu reflects the changing season and temperature.















Omelette with Salsa, Fried Green Tomatoes with Bacon Jam.


To avoid having toast, I decided on serving Breaded  Green Tomatoes;
  1. first dipping them in a beaten egg, 
  2. then dipping them in Epicure Selections Garlic Herb Dip mixed with  bread crumbs,
  3. lightly browned them on top of the stove in fry pan
  4. then finished them in the oven at 300 degrees,  while the rest of the meal was cooking.

I tried a new recipe for the first time today and I'm glad I did.  When I made it, I only made a small portion, as I was not sure I would like it, however next time I'm going whole hog!!!

The following recipe is the full recipe and not my stingy little one, try it you'll like it.  It came from one of my favorite blogs M is for Mommy






















As I said earlier, Fall is in the air and for some reason that made me
want to do Baked Beans, so I did.  This recipe is designed for use in a Pressure cooker. I was happy with the recipe it did turn out pretty good, but I believe I may have added too much water, it wasn't as thick as I wanted, easily remedied by placing in slow cooker overnight.  Woke up to the most delicious smell, and enough beans to freeze for future use. will be great for quick dinners, mixed with pasta , used in soups, a quick chili or even a bean dip, the list goes on and on.



Homemade Baked beans, served with Coleslaw and dinner roll.





The coleslaw dressing was made with 
Buttermilk 1/2 c
Sweet mustard Chow Chow Pickle,  1 tsp
low cal mayo 1/2 c


Dessert was the crowning glory in this celebration of fall.




Have a terrific day; more recipes to come this week. Going out to rake leaves. Enjoy life's simple pleasures, talk to you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment